|DISCLAIMER! A Mothcats.com account is required to participate in the Mothcats ARPG. In addition, all participants automatically agree to the Species Terms and Conditions. Cheating and failure to comply with these terms will result in an automatic ban from the ARPG.|
Dyes are items used to recolor portions of a Mothcat/Subspecies, Item, or Companion.
Types of Dyes
Generic dyes can be used on Mothcats, subspecies, companions, and other items. Each color corresponds to the range of shades and hues associated with the color. These dyes are all basic "flat" colors seen on the color wheel and do not include special effects.
Egg dyes are smaller, cheaper dyes that can only be used for companions and items. Otherwise they work exactly like generic dyes.
Special dyes add effects to the character or item being dyed. Applied Traits, such as glittering and metallic effects, are achieved by using special dyes, named essences for distinction.
- Dyes and Essences can be purchased from Ayana's Beauty Salon with Flower Tokens or crafted/mixed via quest.
- Egg Dyes can be purchased from Farina's Craft store with Flower Tokens or crafted/mixed via quest.
- Essences are available to purchase in limited amounts. They are exclusive to members Rank A or higher only.
- Rank A members may purchase any special dye once per month, total.
- Rank S members may purchase up to three special dyes per month, total.
- If you want a darker or lighter shade of a color than the dye is you may be required to purchase additional black and/or white dyes to get your specific desired color.
All information on recoloring Mothcats or subspecies is now on the Salon Guide!
Dyeing Companions or Items
See also: Adding Custom Items
Companion dyeing is currently not available, but will be at the Companion Shop when active.
- All dyes provide 100% coverage of any item/companion
- You can use both regular and egg dyes for this, though egg dyes are recommended.
- It the user's responsibility to provide a 70x70 thumbnail of desired recolored items and companions. Bases are provided for some items, but not all.
- Companions must be dyed "natural" colors. (For example, you cannot dye a hamster to be pink, whereas black or white would be acceptable).
- Rank A or higher members may request "unnatural" colors, but it must be approved.
- Any recolored items or companions will be added to the Item Database.