|DISCLAIMER! A Mothcats.com account is required to participate in the Mothcats ARPG. In addition, all participants automatically agree to the Species Terms and Conditions. Cheating and failure to comply with these terms will result in an automatic ban from the ARPG.|
Quests are activities centered around a mini storyline that users can complete in order to obtain a reward. How the quests are completed is up to the user, provided it meets the criteria outline in the rules & guidelines of each individual quest.
Rules & Guidelines
Any of these rules may be changed to suit a particular quest. These are just general guidelines and care should always be taken to read the individual quest's rules.
- Members do not need to own a Mothcat or subspecies to participate.
- Both admins and members can participate.
- If entries are submitted to DA, please submit to this folder!
- If entries are submitted to DA, please consider mentioning the site, or the specific quest!
- Most quests now run exclusively through the website, but some quests may still have DA based portions - check further down for details.
- Adhere to any further rules, guidelines, or limitations of the individual quest.
- All art must be UNIQUE and drawn specifically for the quest.
- Must meet the following requirements:
- Must contain at least a simple background that depicts the surrounding environment
- Must show 75% or more of the Mothcat's body
- Must be colored
- Shading is OPTIONAL
- All writing must be UNIQUE and wrote specifically for each quest.
- Written entries must be 500 words minimum unless otherwise stated.
- Writing must prominently feature at least one cat- very general works with no clear character focus may not be accepted!
- Including the NPC is encouraged but not required.
How To Participate
- Check the mothcats.com prompt page or Quest Bulletin Journal for any open quests.
- Read the prompt, rules, and deadline of the quest.
- Create something that answers the prompt somehow.
- Submit your entry to the relevant prompt on the site, filling in all necessary information.
- Once your entry is accepted, rewards will automatically be added to your account.
Your site submission log now serves as your quest tracker for all relevant uses!
Types of Quests
|Beginner||Low||1-Time Only||Quests that help introduce the style of question involved in the Mothcats ARPG. They can only be completed once and give specific rewards.|
|Scavenging||Low||Unlimited||Quests that produce starting materials required for crafting quests. There is no limitation for how many times they can be completed. The rewards received from these quests are random based on the category chosen.|
|Crafting||Medium+||Unlimited||Quests that allow Mothcats/subspecies to craft or build various things. There is no limitation for how many times they can be completed. The rewards received from these quests are chosen by the user.|
|General||Varies||Varies||Quests hosted by various mascots or guest NPC's owned by Mothcats staff members. Rewards are usually predetermined but can be random based on a selection of prizes.|
|Special||High||Limited*||Rare or event-related quests that reward special items, including but not limited to: rare collectible items, trait changing items, make-your-own slots, designs, etc.|
Scavenging Quests Rewards
Scavenging quests provide basic crafting items depending on the type of quest being completed. The quantity of rewards received per completed quest are random. Higher quality submissions receive higher rewards.
Please check the site scavenging page for reward rates!
Updating Your Bank
Banks are now automatically updated!
Some quests may require you to link to your inventory, and have specific items in hand- please be prepared to do so if asked.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there one I should do first?
Beginner quests are the best ones to start with.
Is there a limit to the number of quests that can be done?
Nope! Do as many or as few quests as you want.
Does it matter what order I do the quests in?
Not at all! Quests are (usually) unrelated to each other and thus can be done in any order.
How many times can each quest be done?
Unless otherwise stated, once. If more than one attempt is allowed, the quest directions will say so.
How long do I have to complete the quest?
The deadline will be post both on the quest as well as on the Quest Bulletin as it will vary.
If I'm crafting many of the same/similar items, how does that effect my crafting entry?
In the case of mass-crafts, the background requirement is waived, but other requirements (such as showing the process), remain the same per item.
This only applies to either multiple of the same item, or minor recolors of the same base.
If I'm only recoloring an item, and otherwise not changing it, how does that effect my crafting entry?
Very simple changes to items that only consume one dye and the base item do not need backgrounds, but other requirements remain the same.