Flower Token Tutorial
|DISCLAIMER! A Mothcat Bank is required to participate in the Mothcats ARPG. In addition, all participants automatically agree to the Species Terms and Conditions. Cheating and failure to comply with these terms will result in an automatic ban from the ARPG.|
- 1 About Flower Tokens
- 2 Flower Tokens Version 3.0
- 3 Earning Flower Tokens
- 4 Flower Token Reward Rates
- 5 Flower Token Commissions
- 6 Flower Token Queue
About Flower Tokens
Flower Tokens are Mothcats currency earned from participating in events and contests. All Flower Tokens and inventory transactions are tracked by your Mothcats User ID. All members are required to have one to participate in Flower Token and inventory-related activities. To register for your bank account number, please comment under the Mothcat Bank to receive a bank number. Please submit all Mothcats User ID journals/submissions to this folder. (Only submit the one you're using to track your currency/inventory with.)
Types of Flower Tokens
|Copper Flower Token, the basic unit|
|Silver Flower Token, worth 10 Copper Tokens|
|Gold Flower Token, worth 10 Silver Tokens|
Flower Tokens Version 3.0
Flower Tokens 3.0 focuses on rewarding users for their effort and quality rather than "Mothcat-count", which was how the previous system worked. It also balances commission/trade/YCH numbers.
What you can expect from 3.0:
- Higher token rewards from personal/original/more detailed art
- Lower token rewards from reused lineart/art
- No token rewards from trades and base lineart
- EXCEPT! If it's base lineart that you don't plan on using again, in which case:
- F2U bases will earn tokens ONLY if you don't take commissions on them as well
- P2U bases will earn tokens ONLY if you don't take commissions on them as well
- Doing requests on F2U bases will earn you YCH rates
- YCH bases will receive 0
- Making a base and claiming rewards for it, then charging users later for commissions will result in a penalty rate where you receive 0 for the first commissioned piece
- Commission rates will be rewarded relative to everything listed above
Earning Flower Tokens
Flower Tokens can be earned from drawing Mothcats-related art.
- Mothcats admins manually distribute Flower Tokens following this spreadsheet (also called the "queue")
- You can only claim tokens for artwork within the month it is posted
- The queue "resets" every month so it does not become too long
- There is a one-week grace period to claim missed tokens for art posted within the last week of each month
- Flower Tokens can be earned for Mothcat-related personal art, commissions, and trades
- Flower Tokens cannot be purchased with real-life currency
- Flower Tokens can be spent at the Mothcat Market
- Flower Tokens are automatically converted to the next "tier" once the minimum is reached (i.e. 10 copper tokens will be automatically converted to 1 silver token)
To earn Flower Tokens from commissions as the recipient OR as a participant of a collaboration:
- Your name and relation must be clearly stated in the artist description
- The title of the deviation must be tagged in some way, e.g., [C] for a commission
- If these are not stated, you will not earn credit for the piece you commissioned and we will not edit it later on
The following factors are taken into account with this updated system:
- Number of Mothcats drawn
- "Style" of the artwork
- Rough sketches will receive less than crisp, shaded drawings
- "Scale" of the artwork
- Larger, more detailed artwork will receive more Flower Tokens
- Reused lineart and/or artwork
- The more reused, the less it earns
Flower Token Reward Rates
All backgrounds must contain at least some form of simple scenery (solid/overly simple backgrounds do not count). Patterned backgrounds only count towards the "background" bonus if it is drawn by the artist and is Mothcats-related.
All values listed below are measured in Copper Flower Tokens (the base unit). All values round up after all calculations are complete (0.5 tokens → 1 token).
Digital and Traditional Artwork
Tokens are awarded per Mothcat in a drawing.
|Digital and Traditional Artwork||Amount Awarded||Bonus (if applicable)|
|Full Body Chibi||1-2||1-2||1-2||1-2|
|Clean Lines or
|Full Body Chibi||1-3||1-3||1-2||2-4|
|Full Body Chibi||5-7|
|Animations||Varies. (Generally awarded per frame, as outlined above.)|
Writing and Poetry
All written submissions receive 5 CFT for every 500 words (or 1 CFT for every 100 words). To receive tokens rewards for stories, a word count must be included in the submission description.
Crafts and Other Physical Items
The amount of CFT awarded for crafts and other physical items varies, depending on the size and detail of the submission. By default, all crafts earn at least 3-5 CFT.
F2U/P2U Bases and YCH's
Original F2U/P2U bases drawn by the artist will earn rewards as outlined above. All "blank" YCH bases do not receive rewards. The value of on-base artwork decreases gradually with each use.
Rewards are halved for using another artist's base.
Mothcats encourages interactions between members. Commissioning, art trading, and collaborating with others to draw/write/craft Mothcats earns the following:
|Category||From You to Others||From Others to You|
|Commissions||As outlined above.||Half of the artist's rewards.|
|Collabs||As outlined above, split evenly between the collaborators.|
Flower Token Commissions
Users may commission others using flower tokens via the Trading Post but should keep the following in mind.
- Members may receive flower tokens as a form of payment for commissions but will not receive flower token rewards in addition to the commission payment.
- Please tag any commissions paid with flower tokens as [FT-C] or something similar that clearly indicates it is a Flower Token commission.
- Users who commissioned the art will not receive any flower tokens.
Flower Token Queue
Flower Tokens will be updated at least once a week by Mothcats admins. Do not update balances before receiving the transaction log update. Users will be banned from Mothcats after 3 offenses.